Please leave a name with your comment!

2.09.2011

Sometimes I forget what to write about.

Saige got mad at me because my writing has been so sporadic over the last couple of weeks. You know what I had to say to her? A few choice words that would make my grandmother gasp. But she is probably right. So here we are. The next episode of a mediocre life stuck in a routine of no sleep and too much work.

Last week wasn't very fun. Nothing jumps out in my memory that would be worth reading about. So I'll fast forward to Friday night. Liz, Sarah, Shae, and I decided to be hipsters and go get coffee in a local coffee shop and not that corporate-mainstream-bitch Starbucks. While there we quizzed Sarah on capitols of all the countries. She didn't fail. Not once. She is a machine. I'm a little scared of her. when we ran out of countries we decided to go to the Clark Planetarium to go look at the pendulum knock over metal dominoes and see a light show. The light show was called "Rock on Demand" so basically it was a bunch of 70's music set to light that would have been killer if I had been stoned out of mind.

After a nice Saturday and Sunday spent in Ogden I came back to Salt Lake, back to reality, oh there goes gravity. Oh Eminem. Anyway, I came back to a three hour study session with Paige for an infamous chemistry exam on Monday. I got an 89. Should have made it a four hour study session I guess. On Monday Daley and I caught the same bus back up to the HC when something funny/traumatizing happened. To set the scene I'll give some more detail. I walked out of chemistry lab and it looked like it had just been raining but clearing up, dark clouds, a little chilly, and puddles on the ground. I got onto the wrong bus and with the 15 minutes it took to get to the HC it had started hailing making the ground and grass a wet and muddy mess. So Daley and I depart the shuttle and start walking, cutting across the grass to save us all of about five seconds. Half way across the grass we both took a wrong step and started to slip. Daley, having years of ninja training was able to stay on her feet, I was not so lucky. I fell on my ass in the mud and Daley instead of acting like a decent human being sprinted away onto the sidewalk and proceeded to laugh while I got up, took two steps, and fell again. To be fair I was laughing hysterically too. By the time I got to the sidewalk I was covered in mud and all I had to say to Daley was, "Why did you run away from me?" To which she answered with more laughter. This is why we are roommates. Laughing at another's pain is what we love.

So after the snow-rain-hail combo shit that fell from the sky, the campus has become an ice sheet in some places. This makes for some very funny slipping moments. Whether it is someone I know or just some poor soul trying to get to class, I still laugh. Now I know what you're thinking, "Allison that's mean. Stop being a bitch." Don't worry people I'm sure karma will catch up with me someday. The snow also brings out the kid in some of the less mature students. I passed some boys today giggling while collecting snow and making snow balls saying, "We're going to get him so good." At least they are having fun.

College has forced so many of us to grow up out of the high school drama that we faced only a year ago. I can't say that it's a bad thing but I do miss being crazy. But then again crazy is the resulting factor when Erin and I hang out. College is different. In high school everyone knew I was freaking weird so it was forgivable when in class I talked out of turn or made a joke. In college if you talk during class you better have something important to say because if not then people hate you. People are so uptight.

Well it's that time again. Time to go to class and try to retain information while playing Angry Birds. I'll start paying attention one day. Maybe possibly. A few thoughts. Saige stop blaming your car problems on the fact that there are three people in your backseat. People who sleep on campus just make my day that much better. Lunch with Stephanie is always fun, even when it results in being late to lab. It's worth it. I miss the people in my life. Give me a call. Let's catch up.

Sex Poster. Go for the pizza, stay for the bra races. And card making. We all know sex cards are the best. Oh and the man on man in the upper right corner? Well we know the U's policy on gays.

No comments:

Post a Comment